Adapting to a COVID-19 environment
At Myhorizon, we are working hard to deliver the services you know and trust in a new COVID-19 environment, with our participants remaining our top priority.
We’ve introduced a range of 1-on-1 support options for our Lifestyle participants. Moving to a 1-on-1 support model means we can provide safer activities, implementing stronger social distancing measures where possible, and extra hygiene practices.
1-on-1 support provides you with more flexible choice and control over what YOU want to do.
Why choose Myhorizon’s 1-on-1 supports?
We believe in providing unique opportunities that are 100% tailored to you so you can achieve your goals. These are just some areas we can work with you 1-on-1:
- Working on your personal care needs
- Community participation and travel training
- Development of your life skills
- Cooking a meal for your family
- Completing house hold tasks in your home
- Visiting new locations
- Inviting others along to an activity like fishing, making music, or just hanging out (with social distancing measures of course)
- Doing arts, crafts and hobbies
- Learning more about health and wellbeing
- Leisure activities such learning a sport, taking a class, or joining a club
- Volunteering for community groups
- We’d love to hear your ideas too!
Even with our 1-on-1 supports, we understand the importance of still being able to socialise and access community programs. As a team, we are constantly coming up with new ideas and locations for social activities, and can even meet up with other Myhorizon 1-on-1 supported participants (if you choose to) while making sure we follow strict social distancing protocols as much as possible.
To discuss your options for 1-on-1 supports, and how it can be incorporated into your NDIS plan, contact us today.