Scroll down page for all current vacancies and application form.
Full-time or part-time. Hours are negotiable
Myhorizon is offering an exciting opportunity for a qualified and passionate Occupational Therapist to join our Speech and Occupational therapist allied health team based in Capalaba, QLD. Live and work locally in this permanent full-time or part-time role.
This opportunity will suit an Occupational Therapist who has a passion for providing community and clinic based therapy to clients, to optimise their independence, social inclusion and overall quality of life!
You will be responsible for:
- Occupational therapy assessments and treatments for all age groups with a variety of needs, under both private and NDIS funding
- Designing individualised, family-centered and holistic therapy intervention plans and programs to assist with achieving the client’s goals
- Carrying out assessments for Assistive Technology, Functional Assessments, Activities of Daily Living and other standardised assessments
- Liaising with external stakeholders including NDIS, pediatricians, educators, teachers and other health professionals involved in the clients’ care
- High quality written and verbal skills to communicate clients’ needs and requests through NDIS requirements
- Independently managing a clinical caseload with a high standard of clinical reasoning. (Our receptionist looks after the scheduling and rescheduling of all appointments, with therapists not required to manage their own calendars)
- Following the principles of the Occupational Therapy Australia Code of Ethics
- Collaborating with interdisciplinary team members to deliver group therapy programs and individualised training
To be successful in this role you will be a driven and energetic professional with strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to demonstrate your skills and experience as an Occupational Therapist in a multidisciplinary team. You will be a motivated, passionate professional, who thrives on supporting clients and their families in our local community.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent qualification
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Minimum 12 months paediatric experience preferred but not essential for the right candidate
- Commitment to providing quality services and care to children and adults with a disability
- Willingness to learn
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence
- Current First Aid Certificate including CPR
- Eligibility for Disability Blue Card / DS Positive Exemption Notice Card
For further details, please download a copy of the position description.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please complete the employment form that follows our job listings below, and attach a cover letter detailing why you would be a great candidate for this role, and also your resume.
The next step in our process will be to assess your experience based on the information you have provided in the application form. Our recruitment team may contact you to conduct a preliminary screening that will help us learn more about you, or you may be invited to attend a face to face interview. Please ensure your details are current on your application form prior to submission.
For further information please contact email@example.com
Support Coordinator Part-Time/Full-Time
Myhorizon is expanding its services! We are offering an exciting part-time or full-time opportunity for an experienced Support Coordinator to provide NDIS support coordination to participants with disability. To join our passionate team of Coordinators based at Capalaba.
The Support Coordinator will work with participants to search for, coordinate and implement all supports in their plan, including informal, mainstream, community and funded services and resources. In this role, you will actively support participants to build on their skills and work with them to increase their ability to access their local community and achieve greater independence.
You will be responsible for:
- Connecting and coordinating required supports for participants, with the providers that will best support them.
- Ensuring all participants’ service agreements, service bookings and NDIA reporting requirements are all managed effectively and completed on time.
- Strengthening abilities of participants and building their capacity to achieve greater independence in the community.
- Preparing and monitoring the progress of participants’ goals and evaluating effectiveness of their supports.
To be successful in this role you will be a driven and energetic candidate with strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to demonstrate your skills and experience as a Support Coordinator. You will be a motivated and passionate and thrive on supporting clients and their families in their local community.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Sound knowledge of the NDIS framework.
- Significant demonstrated experience and skills in IT systems support (participant portal), customer service orientated role (or similar), and human services support and assessment.
- Ability to develop knowledge and expertise in working with people with disabilities and their nominees.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrating your ability to plan, prioritise and organise your workload in a way that contributes to successful participant outcomes.
- High level of problem solving and decision making skills.
- High level of accuracy in Computer Skills – Data entry, MS Office (Word, Outlook, Internet etc).
- Commitment to providing quality services and care to children and adults with a disability.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Current Queensland Driver’s Licence.
- Eligibility for Disability Blue Card / DS Positive Exemption Notice Card.
Myhorizon is committed to creating an inspirational workplace that attracts and retains highly skilled people. When you are employed by Myhorizon you will become part of an accepting, caring, and trained team of staff who are passionate about fulfilling our organisational mission, uplifting individual lives by creating connected communities.
How to Apply
If you are positive, motivated, and genuinely care about our mission we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this position, submit your full application via our website: www.myhorizon.org.au/careers/current-vacancies
For further information please contact Christine Steele, HR Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Short Order Cook (Filled)
This position has now been filled.
Disability Support Professional
Seeking…dedicated and enthusiastic individuals wanting to work flexible hours in your local community.
Logan, Redland City, Gold Coast, Wynnum and surrounding suburbs
Exciting disability support opportunities are currently available in our Lifestyle and Supported Accommodation services for those wishing to secure regular rostered permanent part-time (PPT) or flexible casual employment.
- Acceptance: Open to learning, experiencing and initiating new opportunities every shift
- Caring: Skilled in providing individualised supports to meet the needs of participants
- Collaboration: Working autonomously, as part of a professional team and as a community member to deliver and report on supports in line with participant individual goals
- Empowerment: Supporting participants and your team mates to advocate for people to live their lives the way they choose
- Positivity: Hands-on, passionate and positive in making a real difference each and everyday
- Transparency: Open, ethical and accountable
You ideally will have:
- Demonstrated experience in similar roles or
- Life experience and/or
- Cert III in Community Services or Individualised Support (or currently undertaking)
- Queensland Driver’s License – Green Provisional License (minimum)
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate and willingness to retain at own expense
- Eligibility to obtain and retain Positive Notice Blue (Working with Children) and Positive Exemption Notice Yellow (Disability Services) cards
- Smart phone
- Your own vehicle
As a Disability Support Professional (Lifestyle) you will be responsible for providing direct support to participants, assisting them to develop and achieve their personal goals either in the community, within a centre or in home. Shifts vary from 2-10 hours Mon-Sun.
As a Disability Support Professional (Horizon Accommodation Services) you will be responsible for supporting participants who live in their own homes with; community participation, development and maintenance of in home skills and the provision personal care where needed. Shifts vary from 2-10 hours Mon-Sun, including sleep-overs.
We will provide you with:
- Regular rostered shifts (PPT)
- Flexible casual shifts (Casual)
- Additional hours on negotiation
- Salary packaging on commencement of employment
- Supportive team environment
- Company uniform
- Uniform Allowance
- First Aid Allowance
- Reimbursement for any private vehicle use
For more information please read the position description DSP Position-Description
To apply now please complete the employment form that follows our job listings below, and attach a cover letter detailing why you would be a great candidate for this role, and also your resume.
Expressions of Interest
Occasionally Myhorizon have other rewarding career opportunities that may become available.
If you are passionate about working in the disability sector and would like to send us an expression of interest for future consideration, please complete and submit the Application Form below and attach your resume and cover letter at the end.