Join our team
Are you looking for a challenging but highly rewarding career with opportunities for personal and professional growth and development? You have come to the right place.
Myhorizon is committed to creating an inspirational workplace that attracts and retains highly skilled people.
When you are employed by Myhorizon you will become part of an accepting, caring, and highly trained team of staff who are passionate about fulfilling our organisational mission, uplifting individual lives by creating connected communities.
If you are positive, motivated, and genuinely care about our mission we would like to hear from you.
When you start your employment with Myhorizon you will be given every opportunity to unleash your professional potential at work. We comprehensively induct all new staff into our organisation so you can feel comfortable and familiar working for us from your very first day.
All new staff undergo a half day organisational induction which covers the following aspects:
– an introduction to the history and organisational structure of Myhorizon
– a presentation, explanation and discussion of our safety policy
– an introduction to our safety management system
– a discussion and presentation of documented procedures on the reporting requirements for incidents and hazards
– a list and explanation of company general policies
– communication processes (reporting, use of telephones, fax, staff newsletters, etc.)
– information on workers compensation and rehabilitation, and
– employment issues such as salary, leave, company policies etc.
All new Myhorizon employees attend a one day orientation day within six months of commencing work with us. This is a fun day training event conducted by our Chief Executive Officer at our Capalaba centre. The orientation day course content introduces you to:
– The history of Myhorizon;
– Information surrounding Workplace Health and Safety;
– Our vision, mission, values, service promise, and communication;
– Duty of care;
– Our policies;
– An outline of Disability Service Standards;
– Quality assurance; and
– Value added customer service
Work Place Health & Safety (WH&S) training
All staff are required to attend annual WH&S General Awareness Training and Fire Awareness Training.
Employees of Myhorizon are eligible for significant income tax concessions through salary sacrificing arrangements that are only available to charitable not-for-profit organisations.
A supportive, flexible, values-based work environment
We offer a Rostered Day Off (RDO) system to employees to support work-life balance, and strive to maintain a values-based work culture. Our ACCEPT values (Acceptance, Caring, Collaboration, Empowerment, Positivity, and Transparency) make up the fabric of our organisation and make for enduring, positive interactions between colleagues, our management and frontline staff, clients and staff, and the wider community.
Professional education opportunities
As the beneficiary of a sponsorship arrangement with the world-renowned executive leadership education provider, the Centre for Creative Leadership (CCL), Myhorizon is able to offer international training experiences to our senior managers at CCL’s program site in Singapore. We are also able to offer our employees study leave and a variety of Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses using our status as a registered training organisation (RTO).